Date Opened: April 12, 2018 Date Closed: April 25, 2018
Position: Electrical Inspector Agency: Building Code Enforcement
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university; and four (4) to six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Electrical Safety Inspector Certification (ESI)*(may be acquired after hire and obtained within one (1) year of employment. Valid Ohio Driver’s License. Possess excellent: Interpersonal Skills & Conflict Resolutions Skills. Demonstrated knowledge of the Ohio Building Code, the Residential Code of Ohio & related codes. Ability to operate engineering & analysis software. Ability to detect hazards & violations. Ability to enforce regulations with firm, tact & impartiality. Ability to read & interpret plans & specifications and compare them with construction in progress. Ability to meet state minimum requirements for obtaining required certifications. Ability to be covered under the county fleet vehicle liability insurance policy. Ability to perform inspections during different phases of construction. Ability to research codes and reference standards. Ability to reasonably apply the requirements of the code. Strong written and verbal communication skills with customers and department staff.
Hours: 7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Salary: $25.00 – $27.25 / hour
Inspects residential and commercial projects within County jurisdiction. Ensures County is in compliance with all state and local laws pertaining to Building Code. Identifies areas of improvement and recommends changes to Building Code Administrator or Chief Building Inspector.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government.
- Performs inspections of electrical systems.
- Meets and discusses building code violations with contractors and homeowners; makes recommendations for correcting violations; serves as liaison between department and other local agencies.
- Investigates complaints; serves violation notices and orders; communicates with attorneys regarding prosecution matters; makes presentation to court.
- Handles public inquiries in regard to code interpretations, assists public in make application for permits.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions to ensure efficient operation of department; formulates, recommends, implements and administers new and revised policies and procedures; prepares reports.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|