Coshocton County Head Start is looking for a full time Early Head Start Home Visitor. The Home
Visitor develops and maintains supportive strength based, culturally sensitive relationships with children and families by providing education and support through weekly home visits and semi-monthly group socializations. The Early Head Start Home Visitor works in partnership with enrolled families toward the goal of achieving the child and family’s maximum potential by learning to recognize strength, obstacles, finding resources, solving problems, and ultimately achieving long-term self-sufficiency.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities Include: To provide in-home instruction as well as group socialization experiences to the parents and children (infants/toddlers) which will enhance the parents’ ability to fill the role of primary nurturer of their child. Maintain on-going contact with families and work with all other components (health, nutrition, family services, mental health, special services, parent education and resource/referral) to integrate services into the family setting.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct weekly home visits and semi-monthly socializations that include an organized series of experiences that align with the curricula.
- Observe and evaluate children’s progress, basing program planning and individualization on child and family outcomes data with the goal of improving children’s readiness for school.
- Facilitate completion and the development of Family Partnership Agreements with enrolled families and support their efforts to reach their goals.
- Develop and maintain a system that ensures all component areas are integrated within the program option.
- Complete record-keeping, communication, case notes, data collection, and other participant documentation as require.
- Maintain professional boundaries, confidentiality, and refer for case management.
- Provide families with resources to promote personal growth and adult education opportunities.
- Assist grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children and families.
Qualifications and Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- An Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate family needs, may include some evening or weekend hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish skills highly desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet, and e-mail.
- Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and proof of insurance and must provide own vehicle for home visits.
- Frequent driving fort home visits sometimes in outlying areas.
- Frequent significant decision and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work as a team member collaborating with parents and community resources.
- Ability to respond appropriately to an emergency or crisis.
- Regular kneeling, bending and sitting on the floor to attend to child’s needs.
- Occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
Coshocton County Head Start offers excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, company matched retirement. Additional insurances available at group rates.
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|