Date Opened: February 9, 2018 Date Closed: February 26, 2018
Be currently enrolled or just graduated in a program of Environmental Education, Natural Resource Management, Recreation or similar field.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license. Driving record must be clean.
- It is preferred that the intern have experience in leading and teaching programs and experience in performing environmental, recreation or natural resource management activities.
- Experience working with volunteers is desired.
- Interpretive experience preferred.
- This position requires the use of a utility vehicle. Experience is preferred and training is provided.
- Must be willing to obtain instructor certification through the American Canoe Association, training will be provided.
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification from American Red Cross, ANSI or American Heart Association.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Must be able to walk long distances of one or multiple miles over varying terrain.
- Must be able to perform basic operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds in the function of moving objects.
Hours: 40 hours per week, must be flexible and able to work irregular hours, including evenings & weekends
Salary: $9.00 / hour
This Internship opportunity will provide hands-on experience in the environmental, recreational and natural resource field. It is expected that the Intern will be responsible for collaborating on developing, planning, implementing, conducting, scheduling and evaluating programming for the public and conduct and participate in natural resource management projects for the Licking Park District on a seasonal basis. Performs related work as required.
- Works effectively leading groups of people of varying sizes, ages and demographics
- Plan and implement environmental and recreational programming
- Work with the Program Coordinator and staff in developing and implementing design elements of the Nature Cabin
- Ability to collaborate on project development and implementation.
- Act as host for Nature Cabin activities, including weekends and some evenings
- General care of the Nature Cabin and surrounding elements as required
- Prepare materials for program participants
- Develop and implement an Internship project, as required by the academic institution, in collaboration with the Program Coordinator and Director
- Engages in all aspects of paddle sports programming
- Prepares and maintains records and reports on programs and attendance
- Carry out job functions with or without supervision
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures. Report any damage or safety concerns to appropriate personnel
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training
- The use of computers will be required, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Other duties as required and assigned
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Surrounding Counties|
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|