AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Process Automation Engineer at our Coshocton Works facility. The Process Automation Engineer will maintain and implement changes to control systems to include process and product applications. The ideal candidate must work well in a team environment, be innovative and self-motivated, knowledgeable in variety of computer programming languages.
- Maintain and implement changes to Supervisory Control Systems (Level 2) which include process and product applications, HMI’s, math models and interfaces to other control systems (PLC, PC based applications, databases, business systems and other devices).
- Develop new operating systems.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (with computer orientation).
- 2-5 years of experience in automation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with PLC’s and HMI’s.
- Control System experience to include HMI and math models.
- Knowledge of Fortran, C and Motif computer programming languages.
- Knowledge of cold rolling, anneal and pickling, and slitting strip metal preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical systems (up to 480V) preferred.
- Experience with Open VMS preferred.
- Experience in a steel mill, heavy manufacturing environment, or process industry is preferred.
- Day turn position but candidate must be able to be on call to support 24/7 production environment as needed (rotational basis).
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Bonus program.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
OMJ Job Post 3547611
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|