AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Quality Lab Supervisor at our Coshocton Works facility. The Quality Lab Supervisor will manage daily test laboratory activities in accordance with established practices to insure safety, accuracy of testing, and timely release of material to complete processing at AK Steel Coshocton Works. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Supervises the daily activities and personnel of the Metallurgical Testing Laboratory.
- Coordinates with the Operations, Scheduling and the Sales Departments, to ensure timely testing and accurate release of material through the lab as required.
- Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions and procedures in the Metallurgical Laboratory as outlined by OSHA and Job Safety and Health Assessments (JSHA) requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Laboratory’s Quality Standard Operating Practices (QSOP).
- Responsible to maintain adequate inventory of necessary supplies and spare parts for testing.
- Responsible for operation, certification, and maintenance of existing and new Metallurgical Laboratory equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree (Preferred and in a related field).
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with supervisory experience preferred.
- 3 years experience in a metallurgical laboratory environment preferred.
- Experience with TS-16949 or similar Quality Systems
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and occasional off-shift hours
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
OMJ Job Post 3547669
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|