POSITION SUMMARY: Develops, coordinates, and directs festivals and special events designed to increase attendance/sales for the Foundation and assists the Marketing Manager with advertising, the Lock Landing, festivals & event functions by performing the following duties:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates Festivals and special events by handling all aspects of entertainment, demonstrators, contest judges, and food and beverage services within budgetary guidelines including applications, reservations, contracts and confirmations.
- Investigates, plans, and presents new ideas for special events and festivals for the future including the Lock Landing.
- Provides post-event reports, analysis, and recommendations for future special events, the Lock Landing, and festival programming.
- Coordinates distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support marketing programs.
- Assists in maintaining consistent foundation image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of product or service information at trade shows, displays, and exhibits.
- Assists in developing ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the company and its products and services.
- Assists Marketing Manager to coordinate public relations activities with promotional and sales activities.
- Assists in maintaining Calendar of Events for current and upcoming years.
- Assists with development and maintaining the budget for Festivals, the Lock landing, and Special Events. Can be held accountable for performance against budget.
- Coordinates all aspects of the Lock Landing by handling bookings, meetings, and events.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements and qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or the ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School degree required. Associates degree preferred in marketing related field with two to three years related experience in special event and festival planning or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational, creativity, mathematical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to plan and work within budget constraints.
- Computer skills, including internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and graphic design.
- Ability to write speeches, articles, and business correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Occasional variable shift work, including weekends and evenings and overnight business travel.
Please Contact Casey Brown at Roscoe Village Foundation at 740-622-7644 Ext. 22 for more information. Applications can be found at www.roscoevillage.com or picked up in the Visitor’s Center in Roscoe Village at 600 N. Whitewoman St, Coshocton, Oh 43812.
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|