AK Steel has an immediate opening for a Supervisor – Electrical Maintenance at our Coshocton Works facility. The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for leading and directing hourly employees and coordinating maintenance activities within the department. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Supervise Electrical Maintenance employees, oversee completion of work assignments and follow established department plans.
- Participate in the manufacturing, safety, and environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Adhere to the Quality Policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Maintain effective and consistent work performance, even under uncertain or unstructured conditions in the face of stress.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and costs.
- Perform safety and quality audits/observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects.
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA’s (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards.
- Day turn position but candidate must be able to be on call to support 24/7 production environment as needed (rotational basis).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- 5+ years in an industrial maintenance environment preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment and/or in heavy industry preferred.
- Experience in GE and Reliance Digital Drives; PLC experience & DC Motors.
- Exposure to Quality (TS16949), Environmental (ISO 14001);
- Strong safety orientation including (OSHA) supervisory training, JSHA’s, & lockout/tryout.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and make decisions.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- High Voltage experience preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Bonus program.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
|Accepting Applications at Coshocton Job and Family Services||No|