COVID19 Available Resources
Questions and answers regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on unemployment benefits can be found here: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
- Pay benefits for reduced work hours
SharedWork Ohio allows workers to remain employed and employers to retain trained staff during times of reduced business activity. The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services provides eligible individuals an unemployment insurance benefit proportionate to their reduced hours. To learn more: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/SharedWorkOhio/
- Food, cash and medical assistance
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services provides food, cash and medical assistance to individuals and families in need. To review eligibility requirements and apply for assistance, please visit: https://benefits.ohio.gov/.
- School meals
Decisions on how free breakfast and lunches are distributed to students is being made by each district. Contact your local district. You may find additional information here: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Student-Supports/Coronavirus
- Keep Ohio Connected (internet service availability)
Learn what Internet Service providers are doing to keep Ohioans connected, including keeping service turned on during the pandemic and waiving late fees:
- Learn new tech skills
TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce with the skills needed in a tech-infused economy. Many of these trainings can be completed online. For more information: https://techcred.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/techcred/about
- Existing DSA Programs
Access existing programs to find local non-profit resources available for those in need, to help maintain your small business, and reduce energy costs to your home.
- Find a Community Action Agency: locally controlled private nonprofit organizations whose purpose is to reduce poverty and to help low-income people become self-sufficient: https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_caa.htm
- Access Entrepreneurship and Business Assistance Centers: resources for starting or maintaining a small business in Ohio: https://development.ohio.gov/bs/bs_entrepreneurship.htm
- Learn about Energy Assistance Programs: Learn how to manage your home energy costs: https://development.ohio.gov/is/is_energyassist.htm
- Injured worker temporary telehealth policy
Learn how the BWC is initiating temporary policy changes that will allow flexibility in the provision of care to injured workers: https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/downloads/blankpdf/PolicyAlert-TempTeleHealthCOVID-19.pdf
- Medicaid provisions for uninsured
Learn about how to qualify for Medicaid coverage:
- Maintaining Healthcare Coverage for Your Family
Health insurers must allow employers to continue covering employees, even if the employee would otherwise become ineligible because of a decrease in hours worked per week. We know employees may be working a significantly reduced schedule right now, through no fault of their own, and we want to make sure they continue to have access to their health insurance if it’s feasible for the employer at this time.
- Assistance for Lost Insurance Coverage
Those who do lose insurance coverage, are eligible for a special enrollment period to gain new coverage. Premium subsidies may be available for those who qualify by purchasing plans on the federal exchange.